If you commission me, you automatically agree to the terms & conditions presented below.
Please take your time to read through everything. This agreement is to avoid surprises and ensure both your and my interests are protected. I strongly believe in good communication. Should any issues arise, I will always work with you to find a solution that works for both of us.
Please note that all commission-related communication must take place via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure all information is consolidated in one place. I am not responsible for missing information that is sent to me by you through instant messaging, social media, Discord or other channels.
Ok, here we go:
As the client, you:
- ensure to be familair and pleased with my style before committing to a commission.
- will provide clear and concise visual references and/or descriptions of the commission idea.
- agree to pay a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the Artwork Fee within 10 days of committing to the purchase. You agree to pay the remaining Artwork Fee within 2 days upon completion of the artwork, before the final hi-res files are delivered. For flash commissions, payment must be made in full up front, within 24 hours.
- agree to reply to the Artist’s emails within a reasonable time (regular commissions: 48 hours | flash commissions: 24 hours) and make any changes you wish to make known to the Artist asap during the revision rounds.
- agree to trust the Artist with artistic license.
- agree to provide accurate references (visual and/or written) for details that are important to you. Anything that is unclear or missing will be left up to the Artist’s interpretation.
- agree to only share the low-res watermarked version of the Artwork and keep the hi-res version for personal use only.
- are required to add the following credit line: “Art by Frenone” whenever you share the low-res, watermarked Artwork online, and include a link to frenone.net when possible (within reason).
- agree to give the Artist the first opportunity to make any revisions of the Artwork.
- agree to use the Artwork for personal use only, and not alter, mass produce or commercially exploit the Artwork, unless you have signed a separate agreement and paid the appropriate Rights Fee for additional usage rights.
Should the Client fail to meet any of the obligations set forth in this agreement, the Client agrees to reimburse the Artist with any legal fees incurred in the enforcement of this agreement.
Respect my rights. When unsure, don’t hesitate to ask if your intended use is permitted. Using my art without my explicit written permission is considered infringement or art theft, and I will not hesitate to take legal steps.
As the artist, I:
- reserve the right to reject any commission for any reason.
- will provide a preliminary quote and planning based on the information provided by the Client.
- reserve the right to change the price when the scope of the commission changes or broadens.
- agree to begin the work as soon as the agreed upon deposit has been received.
- ensure to send frequent progress updates via e-mail.
- promise to complete the Artwork to the best of my ability, before the agreed upon deadline. If any delays occur due to unforeseen events, I will notify the Client asap.
- will offer the Client up to two opportunities to provide feedback or request changes. For flash commissions revisions are not included.
- reserve the right to reject revisions pertaining to artistic skill, stylization or personal preference if it reduces the artistic quality of the piece.
- reserve the right to alter the Artwork and share it in my portfolio, on social media, on display at exhibits, galleries or other venues with the purpose of self promotion.
- will delay showcasing the Artwork if it is a time-sensitive gift, at the request of the Client.
- retain ownership and copyright of the artwork and all preliminary work (sketches) associated with it.
- reserve the right to reuse sketches and other preliminaty works that were rejected by the Client for other commissions or personal works.
- reserve the right to cancel a commission and issue a refund in the case of unprofessional / inappropriate behavior or poor communication by the Client.
- For regular commissions: two rounds of revisions are included in the price. The Client will be given the opportunity to request changes during the sketch phase. A second opportunity will be offered when I’m nearing completion.
- Once the base sketch is approved, only minor adjustments (such as color corrections or minimal warping) are allowed. Any additional revisions or revisions that require the Artist to repaint (parts of) the Artwork will result in an additional Revision Fee for the Client.
- For flash commissions: no revisions are included. Only minor adjustments (such as color corrections) are allowed upon the completion of the artwork.
- All prices are in Euro’s, excluding VAT.
- The Artwork Fee is determined by the size, complexity, and style of the commission.
- All prices listed on my website are solely for informational purposes, they are subject to change and no rights can be derived from them.
- All payments must be made in Euro’s. The Client is responsible for paying any currency conversion fees (Paypal charges 2.5%).
- For regular commissions a 50% deposit is required up front, within 10 days of committing to the purchase. The full Artwork Fee is due upon completion of the final Artwork, before the final hi-resolution files are delivered to the Client.
- For flash commissions I require payment in full up front, within 24 hours.
- Since I begin the work as soon as I’ve received your payment, deposits are non-refundable.
- After the Artwork Fee has been paid in full, the rights for personal use of the Artwork are granted to the Client. As the artist, I will retain copyright and ownership of the Artwork. For more information on additional usage rights, visit frenone.net/license
Cancellation policy & Kill fees
- I do not accept cancellations or refunds on flash commissions. For regular commissions my policy is as follows:
- If the Client terminates the agreement any time after the deposit is made, but before the Artist completes the first round of revisions, the Kill Fee is 50% (non refundable deposit). If the payment has already been made in full, I will refund 50% minus a 5% transaction fee.
- If the Client terminates the agreement at any point after the approval of the base sketch, the Client will owe a further 25% of the Artwork Fee as a Kill Fee. If the payment has already been made in full, I will refund 25% minus a 5% transation fee.
- When a commission is cancelled, the Artist reserves all rights to the Artwork, including the right to reuse, sell, reproduce or license the Artwork.
- After the Artwork Fee has been paid in full, the Client will receive a high resolution PNG-file for personal use and a low resolution, watermarked JPEG-file for posting online.
- The final digital files will be shared as an e-mail attachment or a Dropbox link. This link expires after 30 days. If you forget or fail to download the Artwork files, I can resend a new link within 3 months. After 3 months the files will be archived and I can no longer resend them.
- The Client is responsible for making back ups of the Artwork files. In case of loss or damages, the Artist cannot be held responsible to replace or refund the Artwork.
- The default size is 20 x 30 cm (approximately 8″x12″), portrait or landscape, at 300 ppi. The artwork can be upressed and printed up to 30 x 45 cm (12″ x 18″).
- The Artwork can be optimized for (fine art) printing and the size/dimensions can be altered by the Artist upon request.