My name is Kim, better known as “Frenone” and I’m an independent illustrator, currently located in The Netherlands.
I design and publish playing card decks for art collectors, casual players and cartomancers. I often add a few gimmick cards to make the decks interesting for magicians as well. I only use smooth, heavy-weight professional quality cardstock with a black core, making the cards less suitable for cardists.
Playing card decks I have published so far:
- Aspects, Factions & Legends (2017-2018)
- Chibi micro-deck (2018)
- Women of the World (2019)
- Battle of Heroes (2020-2021) Ranger cardback
- Battle of Heroes (2020-2021) Azerite cardback
- Aspects, Factions & Legends: Remastered (2021)
- Really Badly Drawn Tarot + Poorly Written Guidebook.
- Storytelling Tarot with author Kim Wedlock.
- Victorian floral poker deck.
- Femme Folklore, pink gilded poker deck.
Previous art projects I have worked on include character concept art, game (key) art, book covers, tattoo designs, mural paintings, editorial illustrations, short comics, portrait paintings, and custom designs for merchandise like enamel pins and t-shirts.
Previously published decks can be purchased via my Etsy store. Prints, shirts and other merch is available through Society6. Embroidery patterns of my playing card illustrations designs for cross-stitching can be purchased exclusively on Make It Pink. Other cross-stitch patterns created by Sirithre and Damera are available on Etsy.
Follow me on Twitter for updates on future projects!